Thursday, May 29, 2008

They never cease to amaze me

I opened up my google alert for "child Protective Services" this morning and read these two stories one after the other.. for some reason I think they belong in ONE blog so here goes..

In part This article - Bureaucrats running down the clock against parents - Examiner.com
states ...

When Congress passed the 1997 Adoption and Safe Families Act, it allowed states to terminate parental rights after a child has been in foster care longer than 15 months.

But the law, intended to keep children from truly abusive homes from languishing in foster care for years, had unintended consequences. States receive a $4,000 cash bonus from the federal government for each child adopted, multiplied by the percentage that the state exceeds its adoption goal.

The system gives child protective agencies a powerful financial incentive to terminate parental rights, something that they did more than 79,000 times nationwide in 2006, according to the federal Administration for Children and Families.

Continue reading ...Bureaucrats running down the clock against parents - Examiner.com

Then I read this article- SisterWoman

Which in part states "Family of five being torn apart, I need help to..."

Then this woman reminded me of me in the first sentance "To Whom It May Concern: I am really having a hard time believing that there is not one person that wants to help my family, I have four wonderful children..."

Then in another paragraph, she goes on to say ... "I have sent over 150 letters to Senators, attorneys, CASA, DHS, Child Protective services, news papers, new crews and many more people. I have received 4 letters in return stating they are unable to help or have a list of websites that have gone to, which were very helpful for other letters to go out, but not one person is willing or able to help me get my boys back to keep our family together.I could have aborted my children but I did not, I could have given them up for adoption but I did not, I have raised them with my heart and soul, I have given myself full time with unconditional love and I feel as if my heart is being ripped out, if I could just get my children back..."

So here it is...

Continue reading...SisterWoman

No comments: