Monday, March 16, 2009

Web Talk Show - Relationships 101- "Parent Alienation Syndrome: Breaking the Ties That Bind" with Dr. Amy J. L. Baker

What happens to kids when one parent poisons them against the other?

These emotionally abused children become emotional orphans.

Because children don’t have the ability to assess the truth of falsehood of the situation, they get the message that they must give up the parent who is demonized.

But they usually come to mistrust the parent who turns the child against the other parent.

So they too often live as islands unto themselves.

What is really behind Parental Alienation Syndrome?

What are the strategies one parent uses to turn children against the other parent?

What kind of parent would do such a thing?

Relationships 101 - “Parental Alienation Syndrome: Breaking the Ties That Bind” with Dr. Amy J. L. Baker, author of a book by...

My Two Cents -

This is a fantastic show - a must watch not only for parent's that are aware they are alienated..

But for anyone...

About to get a divorce..

Already in the process of getting a divorce.

Adults, young adults, and teens who's parents went through a divorce..

This is just a must see by everyone and anyone that can listen and hear!

It may just explain a lot of the whys in your life - it may explain why as an adult you are struggling with your own relationships.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In 1986 I went thru one of the worst divorces there has ever been. Before I married Sally, she asked why I wasn't getting any closer. I finally told her it was because my first wife took my daughter away form me and I didn't want it to happen to me again. Sally said thats terrible all kids need both a father and a mother. I thought this is safe and eventually asked her to marry me. We had two sons, when the divorce happened, it was brutal. The divorce papers said I had to go to my old neighborhood honk my car horn and she would send the boys out so I could have my visitation That worked for about a month. Then no kids, if I went up to the door I got arrested. Haven't seen my sons since 1987 every time I tried to contact them I told they want nothing to do with me.