Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two WOW moments in one day?


Yep Two!
Here's the second wow for today ..


As I was working on the last post I came across the site Abuse Sanctuary..

It wasn't the first time I'd come across that site .. today however I checked it out thoroughly and much to my surprise I found an article titled "Emotional Terrorist" [FN1]

When I began reading the article I thought it was going to be an article for the domestic violence world.. since I apparently wrongly assumed that blog was about surviving domestic violence and those sites usually give half stories and half truths..

Much to my surprise this article was so on point!

I'm so happy to see more and more women who work with or are survivors of D.V. coming out and telling the truth.. D.V. is serious -- very serious .. D.V. can be deadly .. it can emotionally cripple you it can leave you in a wheel chair or wishing you were dead.. D.V. is a lot of ugly things..

But D.V. IS NOT exclusively male beats female- all men are abusers!

I have four sons and quite frankly that mind set sickens me!

Without further delay ..please read "Emotional Terrorist" link below about how women can be the terrorist in the family!

A few excerpts -

' Those of us working in the field of domestic violence are confronted daily by the difficult task of working with women in problematical families. In my work with family violence, I have come to recognize that there are women involved in emotionally and/or physically violent relationships who express and enact disturbance beyond the expected (and acceptable) scope of distress. Such individuals, spurred on by deep feelings of vengefulness, vindictiveness, and animosity, behave in a manner that is singularly destructive; destructive to themselves as well as to some or all of the other family members, making an already bad family situation worse. These women I have found it useful to describe as "family terrorists." '

'In my experience, men also are capable of behaving as family terrorists but male violence tends to be more physical and explosive. We have had thousands of international studies about male violence but there is very little about why or how women are violent. There seems to be a blanket of silence over the huge figures of violence expressed by women. Because family terrorism is a tactic largely used by women and my work in the domestic violence field is largely with women, I address this problem discussing only my work with women'

[FN1] More -- http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/

No comments: