Monday, November 9, 2009

Great blog post on Non Custodial Moms and Parent Alienation

I came accross this blog this morning- and quite frankly I couldn't have said it better so without any further delay here is it...

What do you think of when you meet a non-custodial mother? In most cases, a person’s opinion or idea of a non-custodial mother is far from the truth. If you were to ask non-custodial mothers why they lost custody, you would receive a wide array of answers. Very few of these responses would be because the mother was “unfit.” In fact, many mothers lose custody due to manipulative, controlling ex-spouses or partners.

Many mothers lose custody to their abusers. First, you may doubt this statement. Some studies have shown that batterers are able to convince authorities that the victim is unfit or undeserving of sole custody in approximately 70% of challenged cases. Fathers who batter mothers are two times more likely to seek sole physical custody of their children, than non-violent fathers.

Non Custodial Mothers and Parental Alienation


Refresh - Go to homepage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My beautiful 28 year old daughter passed away of cancer on Sunday On Oct 19th 2008. I allowed people to babysit my 3 year old granddaughter on Friday Oct 17th 2008, at their persistent request to help me. The day after my daughters passing these people had custody of my granddaughter. Prior to them picking her up on that Friday these people did not know her other than seeing her twice for couple of hours. She and my daughter lived with me in Michigan. These people had no death certificate and no father on the birth certificate. I am still fighting for my granddaughter in court This is frightening http://stoplegalkidnapping.blogspot.com/